I love pasta, its one of those things I can make everyday and not get tired of and this pasta sauce is my favorite. Its simple, but incredibly delicious perfect for rushed meals.
TOMATO CREAM PASTA SAUCE – serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato passata
- 1 – 2 tbsp agave syrup or maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp hemp powder (optional – I add it for a protein kick)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup soy or cashew cream
- wholewheat spiral Pasta for four
Cook pasta according to package.
Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for a minute. Pour in the tomato passata and add in the agave syrup, salt and pepper, taste and adjust. Cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and stir in cream and basil. Stir in pasta and serve immediately. This is great with a big green salad and a garlic roll.
Its the weekend!! What is your weekend plans?