The online learning company webucator are doing a great challenge for everyone for self improvement month. So of course I had to jump on the bandwagon and write a post about it.
With the help of webucator I’ve decided to give tips and tricks for around the kitchen. For some people the kitchen can be a scary place that looks more like a witches potion den, rather than a place that you can relax, get all your frustrations out and create beautiful, wholesome meals for you and your family.
KITCHEN TIPS AND TRICKS
- Clean as you go – leaving everything till the last minute is a sure way to get overwhelmed really fast.
- Cut up everything, before you start cooking. This helps having everything on hand and prevents a burning mess.
- Anyone can cook. If you can read you can follow a recipe.
- Peel ginger with a spoon.
- Read the recipe before you start cooking.
- Keep knives sharp.
- Store herbs and greens with a damp paper towel. This will expand the lifespan by several days. Just roll them up.
- Freeze fruit and vegetables for smoothies so you don’t need ice.
- Taste your food before serving and adjust as you like.
- Fruit ripens faster when stuck together in a bowl. Apples and bananas ripen faster together.
- Spray measuring cups with non stick spray before using sticky liquids.
- Cook with a glass of wine and music. Make cooking fun and not a chore. Besides recipes can always do with a splash of wine.
Webucator are also offering a free Microsoft Office training course each month which helps with the Self Improvement Month. So be sure to check it out here.