After the Durban trip we’ve been pretty slack with shopping and basically have no food, but as long as you have noodles and vegetables you can make a meal in a snap.
This is a nice Asian style noodle salad, that’s refreshing and loaded with a lot of vegetables, drenched in a delicious soy/ sesame dressing that has just the right amount of sweetness.
COLD ASIAN NOODLE SALAD – serves 5
- 1/2 package soba noodles or spaghetti ( cooked as instructed on box)
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup snap peas, snapped in half
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, chopped
- 2 tbsp cashews or peanuts – optional
In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup garlic, ginger, vinegar and red pepper flakes. Whisk until combined.
In a large bowl add the other ingredients, mixing everything up. Pour the dressing over the noodles and toss. Refrigerate or serve immediately.