Green smoothies can be a challenge for some people. It might be the beautiful green colour that some would say look like sludge or the fact that its packed with lots of healthy greens that some people just don’t like.
This smoothie however hides both those things and tastes amazing.
Some health benefits from this smoothie include:
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Great detox food.
- Supports healthy immune system.
- High in fibre, so helps with digestion.
- Low in calories.
- Relieves Indigestion.
- Gives you glowing skin.
- Helps relieve coughing.
- Helps with nausea.
- Boosts immunity.
- Decreases blood sugar and blood pressure.
- Its an anti-inflammatory.
- Anti-cancer benefits.
- Contains healthy fats.
- Contains a lot of minerals and vitamins.
CHOCOLATE MINT GREEN SMOOTHIE – 2 servings
- 1 frozen banana, frozen in chunks
- 1/2 a frozen avocado
- 1 cup kale
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, or more if you like
- 1 tbsp cacao powder or normal cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or any syrup you like
- 1 cup water
Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glass and enjoy.