Vitamin C is one of those vitamins that everyone knows we need, but what does it actually do. Vitamin C has a bunch of health benefits, but first lets talk about the beauty benefits.
BEAUTY BENEFITS OF VITAMIN C
- Gives skin elasticity and strength.
- It promotes hair growth as well as strengthening it.
- It helps you feel more energized.
- Wards off signs of ageing.
- Promotes nail growth.
But beauty isn’t everything. Vitamin C also has great health benefits.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF VITAMIN C
- Helps with the absorption of Iron.
- Helps treat cold symptoms, as well as allergies.
- Helps to heal wounds: Vitamin C is essential for collagen production, which helps speed up minor wounds.
- Helps with lowering cholesterol.
- Helps to reduce breathlessness.
With all those benefits, you should definitely try this smoothie.
VITAMIN C BOOST SMOOTHIE – serves 2
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana, peeled and chopped before frozen
- 1 cup water
Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and seep up all that vitamin C.