Who needs pasta salad when you can make this healthier version. This is gluten free and lower in fat, all thanks to the great zucchini noodle!
This is a perfect recipe for potlucks, picnics, dinner parties or just to sit at home and eat it all by yourself.
ZUCCHINI PASTA SALAD – serves 4 – 6
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 3/4 cup pitted black olives
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp agave nectar or any other liquid sweetener
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
In a small bowl combine the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, agave, dried oregano, basil, black pepper and olive oil. Whisk well.
In a large bowl combine the rest of the ingredients. Pour the vinaigrette over the pasta salad and toss. Serve Immediately or refrigerate.