Ever since I started juicing, I’ve constantly been thinking of everything I can juice, trying new things and just enjoying the process. What I’ve noticed from juicing is the way it makes me feel. I feel a lot healthier, rejuvenated and just filled with energy. My skin also looks fabulous.
Lots of people complain about the leftover pulp, but boy does my garden thank me for it. The pulp makes an excellent plant food for my flowers and I don’t even bother composting it, I just dig a hole next to the plants and chuck the pulp right in and cover it. Easy as that.
Beetroot is a root vegetable that makes a great juice, the colour alone is something to jump for joy about. A friendly warming, everything will look like a murder scene. This little ball has a lot of juice in it that just want to go everywhere. So please DO NOT wear white, when making this juice.
BEETROOT JUICE BENEFITS
- Prevents premature ageing: Beets are filled with antioxidant and because of the high antioxidant level in them they will help prevent cell and DNA damage, that causes ageing.
- Detoxes the liver: The glycine beteine supports liver detoxification and stimulates the function of liver cells. Beet juice benefits the liver by protecting it against fatty depositions causes by alcohol abuse.
- Immune boosting: The juice boosts the immune system and helps fight inflammation .
This juice doesn’t just contain beetroot. It also contains carrots which is great for you eyesight and skin, spinach which is great for digestion and is an anti-inflammatory and ginger that’s great for immunity boosting and helps with nausea.
BEETS ME JUICE – serves 2
- 1 large red beet, washed and chopped
- 2 large carrots, washed and chopped
- 1 cup spinach, washed
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 1 large apple
Place everything through your juicer. Give it a good stir and serve over ice or as is. Sit back and admire the colour, and prepare yourself for the most beety juice you will ever have.