I love a great iced tea and combined with a great juice, this sure makes a fantastic Summer thirst quencher . This Iced tea is perfect for those hot Summer days, or just an average day. Lets just say its an all round drink.
You can even make this a fancy pants cocktail and add some gin in the mix. I think this is a gin type of iced tea, but tell me your suggestions? I don’t drink any more, so this is just a really healthy iced tea for me.
What makes it so healthy?
GREEN TEA BENEFITS
- Green tea is great for losing weight, increasing the metabolism.
- Green tea can help reduce wrinkles and the signs of ageing.
- Green tea can help regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating.
CUCUMBER JUICE BENEFIT
- Skin and hair; Cucumber contains silica, a trace mineral that strengthens connective tissues, resulting in stronger hair and nails.
- Cucumber is mostly made up of water, that helps remove toxins from the body.
- Because of its high water level cucumber also helps aid in weight loss.
KIWI JUICE BENEFITS
- Kiwi juice is filled with antioxidants, which makes it a great fighter of wrinkles and premature ageing.
- Kiwi detoxifies the body, this helps with leaving a clearer complexion.
- Helps replace lost electrolytes in the body. If you have a tummy bug or just hit the gym on the reg, sipping on kiwi juice will help you replace all those lost electrolytes.
With all those benefits, and some I haven’t even mentioned ( hello, ginger and mint), don’t you just want to make this iced tea.
ICED GREEN TEA WITH CUCUMBER, KIWI AND GINGER ( serves 4 -6)
- 4 teabags green tea
- 5 cups boiling water
- sweetener to taste
- 1 cucumber juiced
- 2 kiwis, peeled and juiced
- 1 inch ginger, juiced
- 3/4 cup fresh mint
- lemon slices
In a large pitcher add the teabags and boiling water. Sweeten to taste. Let steep until cooled. Remove teabags
Add the mint, lemon slices, cucumber juice, kiwi juice and ginger juice. Let sit for 15 minutes. Serve with ice.